Thread: New GPS Watch
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 10:17 AM   #15
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Two more notes/updates:

* Used my GPS and maps for the first real time last week when we hiked Blueberry. We usually download Alltrails maps and screenshots before heading out, but we lost cell service long before we thought we would. As a result, we had to rely on distances in our heads...and my new Epix 2. The summit of Blueberry is off a dogleg turn that we would've missed if not for my watch's maps—it was pretty awesome how easy it was to navigate from the car to the summit and back with fine detail of all the trails in the area...without having to do anything else but pull it up on the watch. Accuracy was within a couple feet, which is pretty amazing, though I'm not sure what that'll be with more tree cover.

* Straps. The watch comes with a standard black silicone strap that has a thousand knockoff replacement options. I tried two (to add some color), but they were both uncomfortable—the buckles dug into my skin—and gave me a rash. I'm used to concealed straps on my past Rolex Sea-Dweller and current Omega Seamaster and Tissot T-Touch, but they don't make (cheaply) for the Garmin, so I ended up trying an Abanen nylon strap that people rave about. $13 on Amazon, and it's...AWESOME. No buckles to dig in, it breathes well, infinite adjustability, etc.

Peace!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: