Thread: EZpass Startup?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #69
jimbob1603

Default Save time & money? Not.

What a mess! This whole project makes NH look like it was the first state to ever install this system. There are other states I would expect to 'make a mountain out of a mole hill', but not NH. Whats going on here?

How could this whole project result in an expendature?

Isn't one of the many benefits of this system to grossly reduce the number of toll-collectors on the payroll? I'm sure the unions are not happy with the new technology, but life progresses. Just how many (or how few) permanent/full-time & part-time jobs were eliminated by this system?

Is EZPass charging too much to install & maintain the operation in NH? What are other states paying to have their systems managed?

What was the idea behind the original concept of the state subsidizing the cost of the transponders to the masses? I'd love to chat with the state's marketing firm behind this idea! Supply & demand rules still apply in 2005!

Why have the remainder of the toll roads in NH not activated their EZPass lanes? The toll's EZPass, for quite some time, appear to be ready for use. If the EZPass company can't handle the user load, maybe NH should consider an alternative vendor.

Who in the State is in control of this project? Listening to the radio & TV news reports about the EZPass system, I get the impression that every elected political figurehead in Concord wants to take credit for this project. I don't know why; the whole things looks like an embarassment. I won't be at all surprised if some House sub-committee decides to investigate the mess.

Lets get this puppy running!

Last edited by jimbob1603; 07-27-2005 at 10:24 AM.
jimbob1603 is offline   Reply With Quote