Thread: EZpass Startup?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 08:44 PM   #54
Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater
I used my transponder yesterday and today. The only problem was that the non transponder users cut across the Ezpass lane and then back again.
If you start using the Ezpass remmeber the middle lanes are for Ezpass at Hocksett and Bedford.

We have the MA fast lane on our vehicles but I just spent the week up the lake with my mom, driving her car in the exact token lanes. We got the fast lane first time it came out in MA and have been using it ever since even on trips to MD so we understand which lanes to be in. However, driving this week through the tolls in NASCAR traffic was a difficult trip to say the least. I have never seen such a mess of people slamming on brakes and cruising into merge with the regular exact token lanes when they found out they had raced to the "empty" green light toll lane to find out it was the EZ Pass and they didn't have it. Talk about frustrating. I think NH has to do better signage at least for the short term till people get used to the EZ Pass. I was surprised not to see any accidents from the crisscrossers.

As a side note, I'd read in one of the local NH papers that the purchasers of the EZ Pass transponders far outnumbered the states expectations and they had to order many more and have a special order delivered. Just glad that it's finally happened. Been waiting so long for this. Tried to talk mom into getting one but no dice. Next time I'll take my own vehicle.