View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 12:17 AM   #29
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Sorry but in post #12 you said do the first 5 oil changes regular and then every 100K after that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I know testing oil is a foreign concept for you.

I would do OIL TESTS on the the first 4-5 oil changes.
After confirming the interval had some life left in the oil and nothing was changing test to test.
Then I would stop doing OIL TESTS, it's not cheap and a PITA, but a few tests were worth it to me.
Then I MIGHT do another OIL TEST at 100K and 200K. More curious than anything. At 200K I didn't really care.

If you are really into cars it can spot problems before to much damage is done and a lot of car fanatics will test every oil change.

I just wanted to confirm the oil interval was safe (with plenty of margin for error) I don't do 12K miles. Typically 8-9K. But if it ran to 11K I knew it would be fine.

My latest car I skipped doing oil tests, don't ever check the oil and never change the oil or filter Kind of like your lawn mower I guess.

Yes, I've done my research on the internet for a lot of things and I wouldn't try to learn about oil on a Lake Forum. That's why I steered the OP to the right place.

Oh and that high mileage oil can help on some cars with some problems. I'd love to share stories on it but I don't feel like getting bashed on that too.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote