View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #15
robbsracingengines

I am an avid ATV rider. I used to ride snowmobiles also. For many years I had both. After years of disappointment in the lack of snow and/or the expense of traveling to the far north country to ride, I gave up on snowmobiling. Its awesome, but it just doesnt snow enough in the southern half of the state, where I live, to warrent owning one anymore. I cant afford to spend the money to travel to the Burg to ride. With an ATV I can ride anytime I want. Snow just adds to the fun. There will always be the bickering about what ATVs do to the trails. In the winter I ride trails that are both ATV and snowmo trails. But out of courtesy to the snowmobilers I wont ride them on the warmer days. If its over freezing 32 degrees I go to the ATV trails. If snowmobilers chose to ride there and the trails are all train tracked from the ATVs they have no reason to complain. There ATV trails. I have been to many places on days when its 30 degrees out with a dozen ATVers and you cant even tell we were there. So its not fair to say that they ruin the trails always. Ive seen many trails ruined by sleds.
robbsracingengines is offline   Reply With Quote