View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #561
jrc

I can't imagine not using every legal means to defend myself or my family, if accused of a crime.

Yes, even if I committed the crime. Now, I like most of the people (maybe even all of you) on this forum, will never commit an intentional and serious crime. The only intentional crime I will or have commited are traffic violations and other similar things. I will defend myself from these whenever the defense is less pain than the punishment.

So if I'm ever accused of a serious crime, I will either be innocent or I will have commited the crime unintentionally. In either case, I will mount a vigorous defense.

The state has huge prosecutory powers, they have the power of the police, and unlimited manpower and budgets compared to even a rich defendent. They should be forced to really prove their case and convince a jury. The defense must use every legal means to disrupt this process. Anything else undermines the system.

I don't know if Ms Blizzard commited a crime. I do know that she did not intend to commit a crime. So I believe she has the right to force the state to prove its case. Prove that she did commit a crime, prove that the police followed all the rules of evidence put in place to protect all of us, prove that the laws are fair and justly applied. She has these rights and would be fool not to use them.

That said, if she was drunk, I hope they end up locking her up.

PIG, I don't mean to belittle your decision and your choice on how you raised your children.