View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
AC2717

Default While all this is true and really does stink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Well this is certainly horrible... and I am sure the owners are having to deal with a lot... now be it that this was redone and structural issue where not taken care of properly or just age caught up with the structure, it really doesn't matter. However what this brings up in my mind, is the cost and paper work required to work on these structures.

This is where are the new rules and regulations, along with the cost of hiring contractors really catch up. If the structure needed repairs permits, to many permits and approvals in my mind need to be dealt with. And then comes the expense of hiring a contractor to do the work if one can't do it on their own. Which leads down the road of structures like this getting into bad shape and falling into the water. there are Many Many boat house I wonder from year to year if they will make it through another winter.

The problem people can't afford the repairs, and the cost of getting the permits, which is a shame.... and over time I think we will see similar incidents in other areas of the lake.
Do not forget that this is something you carry insurance for!