View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Argie's Wife

Default What would you do?

We were at my oldest son's baseball practice the other night. Of course, there were many families around to watch the kids practice and some had dogs with them.

One family got my attention for the wrong reason. They had a young dog - not sure if it was a shepherd or Labrador or what - it was pretty much all black. The family had it on a lead and it seemed to be walking well with them. You could tell the dog was very young.

Later, as we were leaving the school's ball field, I noticed the "dad" of the family pulling the poor dog into the road area by his truck and he was yelling at it. I heard to dog "yip" - and thought "oh, nice... what a great thing to do to the pup and in front of other families..." He was obviously very mad at the dog for something. (I hate to think if he speaks to his kids like what I saw that night... it wasn't pretty...)

I wanted to tell him to pick on someone his own size - it was really upset to see this. Dogs are usually just being dogs - training is more a matter of psychology than it is "being tough" over a dog.

Would you ever say something to someone acting like this? Seriously?

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 05-05-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote