View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 05:05 PM   #13
Lake Dreamer

Default Camp Memory

I, like Rattlesnake Gal, wasn't fortunate enough to attend camp on LW either. However, I did experience Camp Lawrence, but in a WHOLE DIFFERENT EMBARASSING WAY.....

My family rented a cabin on Bear Isl. for the first time in '78 and my sisters and I became fast friends with the 3 girls next door to our place. Their father was known for his mischievous ways and I shouldn't have trusted him from the beginning. But.... he was being so "kind" (cough, cough) to teach me how to water ski. After many, many failed attempts, I was finally upright and pretty proud of myself. With that, he made a quick decision to WHIP me by the boys camp (he claims he was just circling around). Well, I clearly hadn't mastered the ability to go out & back in the wake without catapolting into next year, so......guess who fell flat on her face, ski's flying in both directions, and a not-so-nice looking problem we've all experienced at one time or another with bathing suit bottoms?!?! You'd think that's the bad part . . . nope. . . . . the Camp Lawrence boys were out in their canoes learning "life saving techniques". Picture several canoes paddling quickly towards you, then surrounding you with young boys desperately trying not to laugh while they ask you "wholly crap, are you alright?".

A great laugh for me now many years later, but what an embarassing day for me (and I guess the boys too)!
Lake Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lake Dreamer For This Useful Post: