View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
Frdxplorer

Default Belknap

Timi Hi Grant.

I spent 6 years as a camper at Camp Belknap in the mid-90's. What a gem of a place for boys. I remember fondly waking up to the buggle in the middler division and rushing to get the trunks out and sweep the cabin for inspection. The days were absolutely filled with activity from archery, to basketball, to bizouball (only Belknapers would understand but a great game), to waterskiing, to buddy checks during general swim. There was never a dull moment and they were all spent with great friends. Even the food was great. In fact, I actually still miss it. Chicken patties and fries were the best. And then of course we played weird games to see which boy had to stack dishes and take them up to the counter. After dinner we would often spend the evening as a cabin doing some sort of activity. And then around 9:30 my favorite time of the day would roll around. Everyone on camp would become still as the buggler played taps. It was really cool to sit and reflect on the day gone by in the crisp lake air for a few seconds before heading to bed. Last year I made it back to Camp to help them celebrate their 100th year in existence. I was glad to see they were stronger than ever and ready for the next 100. By the time I have kids, I would guess the lake will have changed quite a bit from when I first came to NH 15 years ago. I look forward to sending my boy to Belknap to help him understand the untouched & historic beauty of this natural resource.
Frdxplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frdxplorer For This Useful Post: