View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #37
ApS

Question Maybe a view from the Castle in the Clouds Restaurant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senter Cove Guy View Post
Every time I click on this thread, it positions me around post #5. No other thread does that to me. I view threads in reverse post order.
For this response, I had to put Argie's Wife on the "Ignore" list to make the Google-Map application disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog's Ear View Post
"...Soon everyone will be able to enjoy the fantastic views from the Morse property. ..."
It is a remarkable gift: the Society is planning the trails right now.

Ten years ago, when Jane Difley became President, I sent her a piece of my personally-produced cloisonné artwork for her office in congratulations. (So I know she's been President for at least ten years).

In the winter issue of "Forest Notes", appears this accolade:

Quote:
"This property is one of the finest acquisitions I’ve seen in my time at the Society,” said Forest Society President/Forester Jane Difley. 'Having been in the Morse family’s ownership for the past 135 years, the property comes to us with a rich family history and significant natural resources.'
http://www.spnhf.org/news/press-release.asp?id=194
Based on the Morse-gifted property photo of Lake Winnipesaukee in the Society's journal (page 24), the view IS spectacular! Fully half the lake from Diamond Island southeast appears in view—complementary to this one:

Every island can be identified without difficulty.

That Morse gift deserves its own thread, perhaps under "History".

So why can't we decide where on Lake Winnipesaukee this post card is from?

Is the "lump" in the foreground an island, or a shoreline prominence? If an island, which island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiently Watching View Post
I think it is Rt. 109 in Tuftonboro between 20 Mile Bay and Melvin Village close to Copps Hill and the entrance to the old Wawbeek.
A singularly-spectacular view of the entire northern Winnipesaukee region can be seen with a drive up Copps Hill Road; however, the view should be similar to Abenaki Tower's, first looking East, then West:

I'm looking, but I can't see it....
Attached Images