View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #17
ApS

Default Clue in photo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAM View Post
"...You have a very good memory if Gordon Colby sticks in your mind..."
As a boss, he seemed fair enough. I recall his intense demeanor, gold-framed eyeglasses (before they became popular) and that he was a chain-smoker.

I remember one Colby job particularly well: First, I was to remove cedar shingles from the roof of a huge barn. The old shingles were easily pulled out—some would slide out under my shoe! A handful of removed shingles would take several seconds to crash to the ground, as the drop to the ground must have been 80 feet!

It didn't help any as I later got the dumptruck stuck deep in the woods while dumping the old shingles. Gordon Colby, concerned, drove out after work looking for me, leaving the dumptruck behind for morning.

As to memory, it may run in the family: My Dad points out Melvin Village bike-accident scenes he had 80-plus years ago!

My Dad was employed as a Douglas Aircraft Company "Field Service Representative" to Douglas military jets at the time McCain's aircraft was shot down. To McCain in Wolfeboro last Fall, my Dad gave a good account as to why the ejection seat wasn't at fault for McCain's subsequent injuries—even identifying the two possible manufacturers of the ejection seat and the retrofit kit numbers available for both seats!

(I also learned that McCain's wing had folded over the canopy, which was the real cause of injury. McCain was impressed—as I was.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJAM View Post
"...I think the ford garage was one or two buildings up from the Gulf sign..."
...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrider View Post
"...Isn't the Gulf sign where the Ford dealership was...?"
There's a big "Ford-clue" in the photo!

(Extreme upper left).