View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
fatlazyless

Well good golly....talk about a personal question. I've been driving a '99 Ford Contour w/ a 4cyl-5speed that I bought from a NH seacoast police officer on craigslist last January for $1500...and it now has about 134k miles. Removed the Clarion compact disk player-radio and replaced it with a real radio....one that plays tape cassettes and has an old fashioned analog am-fm tuner...ala 1973!

Other vehicle is a '97 Ford f150 manual with 205k miles which has been placed into mothball status for over a year now. Is waiting for some money to show up for a few needed repairs to pass inspection. Plus, it's a gas guzzler, and I'm in no rush to get it fixed so it doubles as a storage shed what with the fiberglass cap..

As I understand it, Town of Meredith ordinance allows for storage of one unregistered motor vehicle on your property.

While it can be ok to drive an older car, what's not too cool is to drive any car without some good insurance coverage.....accidents can happen! Why do I mention this? Because, here in New Hampshire it is legal (but very risky) to drive with no insurance coverage.

In case you were wondering....if Barack Obama was asked this question....he would probably say that his wife Michelle and him & two daughters share a late model Ford Escape hybrid suv which supposedly gets about 34mpg-highway.

John McCain likes to drive that Arizona golden road in a Cadillac, and wife, Cyndi, has a Lexus.

And, for working the ranch down in Crawford, Texas, George W Bush drives a Ford f250, 4-door club cab, pickup truck.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-10-2008 at 08:18 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote