View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #21
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler View Post
My neighbor knocked on my door earlier this year and asked me to move the webcam because the boat traffic out front was taking away his right to privacy.
Now that's just plain silly, to me. For heaven's sakes, he's on a LAKE! If I were lucky enough to own lakefront property, I will fully expect that boats would be going by -- sometimes slowly, perusing the waterfront properties or whatever. If someone wants privacy, they live on a property surrounded by tall shrubs or something, not on waterfront property where any one, at any time, can go by their property and see whatever is going on in the open. Perhaps he's one of those people who has the mindset "I was here first, therefore this lake is mine............."; of course, this is only a guess, not knowing his situation. For that matter, I live on a very busy road which certainly affects my privacy factor, but I don't get all worked up about the traffic going by -- even if they're slowing down for whatever reason. A lake is a thoroughfare for boats, just as a road is for cars.

How did your neighbor know you had the webcam installed, btw?