View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #24
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Puking aside.. ( and I laughed at that too)

"hours and hours of tubing in Winter Harbor", $30 of Gas

"swimming and lunch in Johnson's Cove" $60 (easy)

Surviving the Witches .................. Priceless

I decided once to go between Stonedam and Pitchwood instead of AROUND Pitchwood coming out of Sallys Gut. Ding... new prop $65. I also had folks on board that I was bragging to about how well I knew Winni...
While I can close my eyes and steer a boat blind through Pitchwood and Stonedam, I better open them and realize I need to slow down and review my old memory.

My scariest night ever was over here this year. I was heading back through some fog that had unexpectedly settled over the lake. Moonless night, which I hardly ever do. This is the main route I'm comfortable with. But after awhile, it occurred to me that I wasn't heading for the pass home, I was actually heading for some summer camps on the beach

Of course, I was not on plane, I had slowed "to enjoy the night air" as I told the GF. In reality, I knew something was amiss. I'm painfully cautious even in known waters, which seems to have worked well. I want to maintain my safety record of no accidents, and not a single rock or sandbar hit in over forty years.

I took the NH boating course online today, took the practice course three times. I learned something new everytime. It never ends.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote