Thread: Forum Fest 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #58
sa meredith

Default hello

Island Girl, I was wondering what had become of you.
As for some of the "lack of community spirt", and ill will that has become common pace on this forum..I take some responsibilty for that, and have spent the last few days sending PMs to several members, in my small attempt to "mend fences". It seems for a while, every day I would somehow end up engaged in a battle of some sort...I never meant it to be that way, it just sort of happened. I sometimes get frustrated when someone states their opinions as being facts...there is a difference. That is where it would start, and from there....God knows.
But, alas, I have seen the light...and now if something irks me, I try hard to just move on.
FF 2008....I would certainly agree that the same people cannot do all the work all the time. I would submit, however, that the planning of such an event is probably best left to a person/people that live in the region full time, or at least are there 4/5 days a week during the planning stage. I would think they generally have many more "contacts", and would be there first hand to deal with small situations that may require attention during the planning stage. A once a weeker, or 2 or 3 times a month person who live hours away would probably not be the best person to take the riegns. Just my thoughts...
Lastly, I wish to take this time to once again thank you publicly for the play by play you delivered last September, as the sunken Cobalt was raised. The pictures and stories you delivered that day were priceless. Thank you.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote