View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #53
Chris Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
This one statement alone boggles the imagination!

Skimming is illegal because of the horrific deaths that have occured over the last decade due to this idiotic practice, and the public outcry to condemn an activity that not only can be deadly to the fool practicing it, but needlessly places rescue personnel and even helpful citizens in harm's way attempting to effect rescue.

As a Fish & Game certified snowmobile safety instructor, I always show the very disturbing video taken several seasons ago along Lake Winnipesukee that shows an individual as he drowns while attempting to skim open water.

No, skimming is not "popular" as the vast majority of mature and reasonable sledders realize just what a stupid and dangerous stunt it can be. It is truly ashame that you and your friend are unable to comprehend the foolishness of an activity that gains you nothing, but can easily cost you or someone else their life....
Amen Skip. I lost one of my very best friends when we UNINTENTIONALLY rode into water one night. Changed a lot of lives that night.
Chris Craft is offline   Reply With Quote