View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #32
John A. Birdsall

Default speed limit

When the speed limit proposal was first put into effect I was not in favor of it but after reading and listening to all that goes on about it, and then actually watching some of the antics on the lake such as the capt bonehead in a cigerette boat that decided to see how fast he could go and turn around which ended up I believe sinking his craft (which is about as dumb as the guy in the Ford Explorora driving on the ice to see how thickl it was) I changed my mind. I would like to see the statistics on the number of tickets issued last summer to those who did not do headway speed when within 150', I do not believe that they enforce that law, so what makes anyone think that they will or can enforce a speed limit?

As operators of a boat, any boat, kayak, canoe, sail we must take responsibility for our actions or lack thereof. Someone made a comment on here about the people born before 1957, There were accidents then but as on the roads there were less boats, and people were more courtess than they are today. We actually had lake launches on the lake.

New boating season, lets all get out on the lake, have fun but please be safe drive as if your life depended on it. It does!