View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
GusMan

Default No laughing matter.....

Am I the only one who fails to see the humor in this post?

Perhaps it's just me... because it reminds me of one of the "happiest" days of my life... the day I sold my vacation lake house.

No, it wasn't on Winnie, but certainly within a stone's throw. And it wasn't about speed limits... or go fast boats... or kayaks... or jetskiers.... or fishermen... or landowners ... or environmentalists... it was about the common flaw that *CAN* show up in all of those groups...

Intolerance.

When I owned my lake house.... I was actually approached (and borderline harassed) by a neighbor who abutted my lake front property. Their complaint? They could see my 21 foot bowrider... legally moored in front of my property... from their deck.... and it was blocking their views. That was one of many issues I had to deal with lakeside "neighbors".

I really believe that Winnipesaukee is unique in New Hampshire.. and in the company of only a few other lakes in New England... that can support all of these types of boats and activities.... SAFELY.

We don't need lake-wide speed limits, horsepower limits, construction bans, more rules... etc.... etc...

We need common sense and tolerance...... unfortunately they're all too rare in this day and age.

Sorry to ramble on....

Gusman