View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #17
Phantom

I have such mixed emotions about this topic.

First and foremost, as any of the "little people" I am always curious as what notables may be among us. To Angela4design's point, I do enjoy taking first time visitors around the Lake and telling them that "so and so" lives there (it's human nature) and over there is ???. Simple examples of this (that are common knowledge to all) is the Marriot complex, Romney's, and Bahre's, the Mcrosoft exec where the French Prez vacationed (tough to hide that one with all the MP last year) among others that I have been able to decifer through the years.

I often wonder .......If these folks truely wanted to remain annonymous why do they try and outbuild the next with a larger McMansion. If they truely wish to remain incognito, and some respectfully do, (as just sold points out) their name is nowhere to be found in the property records and their desire for privacy should be respected.

I do not advocate (especially on an internet forum) giving out addresses ..... but on the other hand, for the most part -given their lifestlyes (huge houses, etc) I could make an argument for "no harm or no foul" in naming names, and let it go at that ............... again, I think it's part of our human nature to want to know.

I'm done --- as I said, I can truely see both sides --