View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #73
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Those lakes in Alabama that you so gleefully use as examples of HP limits are NOT OWNED by the people of Alabama.... They are owned by Alabama Power Co.! The HP limit came about because of the liability concerns of the Power Company....

A quick quote from thier website....

"Attention Property Owners
Alabama Power holds property rights around the lake as required by the Federal Government. So before you begin construction, make changes or additions to any structures or the shoreline, you need to call Alabama Power Company for a permit. An Alabama Power representative will meet with you. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-LAKES-11 (525-3711) (in Birmingham, 257-1077) or visit shoreline management."

Imagine if that were the case here? YIKES!! BI & APS would have to answer to a Power Company!

Woodsy
I didn't know and don't care who owned the lakes in Alabama. They are just an example of what is happening out there, as Woodsy knows very well. Horsepower limits, houseboat restrictions, length limits, manufacturers maximum listed speed, what does it matter. They all add up limits on big boats. If you go to offshoreonly.com you can read post after post about high performance boats being regulated off of lakes.

I guess the question is why am I warning you about what is coming? OK, I will stop.
Bear Islander is online now   Reply With Quote