View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #43
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
Yes, the movie industry has no net positive impact on the environment, in fact it has a net negative impact. Al Gore is not "the movie industry", that's a mighty big leap to make, but it underscores how you have arrived at some of your other speed limit "conclusions".

There is as much valid evidence to support "An Inconvenient Truth" as there is to dispute it, so your singular example of a hotly disputed movie is either a strawman, an outright troll, or just plain lazy. Of course, much like the speed limit law itself, the people on opposing sides of the argument both firmly believe their side to be the correct one, but you're welcome to go down a rat hole on that topic if you like. I'm sure it's good for another 200 response thread before we're all occupied with actually enjoying the lake in person.

That boat does not appear to be going very fast, or burning much fuel, in that photo. While any boat could presumably idle continuously for its entire useful life, any vehicle that is in fact a "spacecraft" will most certainly burn a large amount of fuel to achieve liftoff, mind you both cases only for the pure pleasure of their occupants. Hurting the environment "less" != "good".

If you care to present data/evidence of that boat operating at peak HP output for a net time period that shows it burns more fuel than "your" spacecraft, I'll cede that singular boat uses more fuel than some rocketship (not sure what point that proves, but if it's important to you, I'll let you win the argument). In the meantime though, you're presenting opinions for which you have no data to support, which is in spirit something that you have called many others to task for on various recent threads here.
I do not care to present data/evidence.