View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #18
wildwoodfam

Default No Kona Chick - not at all what I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
You make it sound as if people who have had break-ins are putting out the welcome mat and are leaving the family jewels on the screen porch with a "help yourself" sign attached. Someone who is hell bent on breaking into a home will do so reguardless of how many locks are bolted...albeit some places are easier targets than others and I'm sure that was the point you were trying to make.
Please don't misinterpret what I wrote - I said nothing about setting yourselves - ourselves (since I include myself in the group!) up for break-ins when we leave our camps and homes vacant all winter long. I said - if you travel around the lake in the winter on a snow machine and see some of the things left out in full view of whomever passes by - and knowing that there are thefts (growing in number) each year up there - it makes sense to hide or make it unwelcoming for the would be thief.

The last poster sums it up by stating "I guess the old days are gone."

YOU GUESS?!!?

Nothing about summers on Winnipesaukee (with the exception of laying in the hamock at the waters edge) very much resemble the "old days." Frankly most of thats a good thing...I can get my dunkin donuts now and not drink the sludge from the 40year old percalator in the cupboard, and I can read the Boston Globe online from my dock, and I can do a lot of things we couldn't when I first started going to the lake in 1967!!

The OLD DAYS - including the simpler and safer aspects of lake winnie living are gone, as sad as that is for most of us - they are gone.

I cannot be the only realist in this forum?!

wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote