View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #23
Resident 2B

Unhappy It looks warmer than I had thought for next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderBronco View Post
I don't know guys but I don't see any more ice being made over the next week. Highs in the upper 30's and even some in the low 40's! The lows only in the mid to upper 20's and low 30's. I am no expert but that tells me the mean temp is well above freezing for the next week.
Good read BoulderBronco.

I think I had a good read on tomorrow's weather, made a few days ago, with mostly rain after a start of snow. There will be a fair amount of ice in the middle, with a little snow at the end.

I had expected the big, cold air pool north and west of us to work its way eastward and bring the temps below normal from next Wednesday onward. This was against the long range forecast of NOAA.

Right now, I do not think that will happen. As I said in other posts, I am not right all the time and I am clearly wrong with the timing this time. The issue is the timing of the start of the colder than normal temps.

It looks like we will be in a generally warm flow from the south for the next week or so and the temps will be above normal until at least next Friday. Sorry about that folks!

As far as the ice on the lake is concerned, the ice will likely stay more or less as it is for the next week. The normal average temp for the lakes region, high + low divided by 2, is 21 degrees at this time of the year. Our temps look like they will be 5 to 10 degrees above normal, on average, for the next week. This is still below freezing on average.

Although we may not gain ice, we should not lose ice either. After next Friday, I believe we will get cold. The temps for the derby weekend look like 5to 10 degrees below normal, maybe below zero at night. This cold wave might last a week or more.

We might have one or two more mixed precipation events next week. Nothing big at this time.

Be safe out there. The ice has a lot of variability due to the snow cover. What might look solid may not be solid!

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote