View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #55
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM
I,also have a Rinnai propane heater (vented) and it is fantastic....heats a two car gargae and a mother-in-law apt above.I do take issue with you,FLL about changing propane dealers.All dealers freely exchange tanks.Unfortunately,you don't have much leverage to get a better price if you are a small user.

When we bought our home, the propane tanks for the stove were non-descript and had no identifying marks anywhere on them. We tried to get someone to come out to fill the tanks but all propane companies refused. (I get it that there's laws about that for safety reasons.)

We ended up having to have a new tank installed by Eastern and have them certify the lines into the house in order to get service. That was about $300, if memory serves me correctly.

The old tanks were placed just behind our shed and we had contracted with someone from the dump to pick them up to be recycled (we don't have a p/u truck...)

And that's when someone "stole" the tanks!

We reported the missing tanks to the police but figured there was probably nothing anyone could do if no one saw the incident. We later heard from some neighbors that the tanks were taken on a "repo" by Eastern because the previous home owners hadn't paid the bill! (We had paid for that propane in the closing on the house.)

(I guess the guys taking the tanks had stopped for coffee there before collecting the two tanks!)

Gotta love small towns!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote