View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #48
fatlazyless

Here's one differance between propane boilers, furnaces and room space heaters and the same but fired by #2 heating oil

With propane, it can run for years without needing a service call.

With oil, it should get an annual tune-up to clean out the burnt oil residue, replace the nozzle, and oil filter(s), and maybe adjust the air intake for best efficiency.

Oil is a good fuel because it costs less than propane and a gallon of oil has more heat in it than a gallon of propane. Also, you DO NOT GET MARRIED w/ no possibility of divorce with oil. With propane, the dealer owns the tank, and yoo are stuck with that dealer and cannot shop around for a new dealer. This makes a big differance, and the propane dealers all know it.

Oil requires a $100. annual tune-up and propane does not.

For an unoccupied weekend home, a propane heater with a pilot light will continue to make heat even when the power is out, like if a tree falls on the line to your house. With oil, when there's no electricity there is no heat. Oil tends to be more problematic than propane and has more 'no-heat' calls.

I have a Rinnai propane 30,000btu heater which was purchased by me for $800.,, reduced-end of season sale n 1993, which I installed myself, and to this day it works perfectly and has never had a service call or anything what
so-ever done to it.

It has a built in thermostat, or by turning up the dial it sends out a lot of warm air starting in just 20 short seconds......everytime.

I love my Rinnai heater, it is a direct-vent model, and if Rinnai wants to send me a $500. check for promoting Rinnai, I will gladly accept it.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Anyone have one of the non-vented propane heaters which are totally not vented? Are they any good? Do you smell any of the propane fuel smell in the hot air heat or is it as clean smelling as the same campany's vented model.............honestly?

These non-vented propane heaters usually specify that they are NOT for use in a bedroom. Why is that? If it is ok for the living room or kitchen, then why not a bedroom?
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote