View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #103
ApS

Red face Ahem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Craft
To get a read with my windsurfer I had to strap TWO licence plates to my boddy to make it work. Prior to that we were getting VERY erratic readings.
'Happy that only two license plates were needed to get a likeable radar reading.

Marine radar in other states (as posed below) doesn't require any license plate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy
"...If the speed limit comes, and nothing changes, then what?? What will the new complaint be?? Call the MP, that boat was going faster than 45MPH...!"
As Dave R points out, speeds over 45 will produce rooster tails (plus a huge spray plume) that will identify it as excessive to the MPs.

Any news event on the lake will collect as many as seven MPs at one time: evasion is futile.

Quote:
"...It is truly amazing to me the complete willingness of some to take away somebody's civil liberty..."
From Wikipedia:
"...Basic civil liberties include freedom of association, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech. There are also the rights to due process, to a fair trial and to privacy..."

Form a line at the rear to get that essential civil liberty for speedboating.

Quote:
"...The State of New Hampshire has not had a boating fatality as the result of a collision in the last four years!! ..."
Last I checked, that's the way it's supposed to work.