View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #121
trfour

Post Weather Nuts and then some...

Not only is he still around, first of all, I expected to get his answering machine and finding out that he was wintering in Florida! Not Don, he was up to his eyeballs in, like you said, doing what he loves and that is this crazy good O’L New England weather.
The phone only rang once before he answered, and of course I recognized his voice instantly. I was pleasantly surprised during our conversation of his wonderful sense of humor that of course he mostly left out of his broadcasts. I guess we are all more serious when working. Goes without saying, he’s very well educated, chipper, friendly, down to earth and very interesting to talk to. I was thrilled, and he now knows that my family and I love him.

Barry Burbank is good friends with my younger brother and sister in-law, in fact went to their wedding. Small world!

Don did tell me that he doesn’t do E-mail or many phone calls, understandably because he’d be spending all of his free time answering them.

So for now, lets keep our fingers crossed that he will check out this thread, and like you said CLA, he knows he fostered all of us weather nuts, and I’m sure he will be proud of you.

PS, On a snowy day, if you look just right you will see the smile of the great spirit high in the Ossipee's!
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 02-16-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: To add a photo
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote