View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:37 PM   #101
codeman671

Default Who IS going to pay for it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere
Gosh not only people in canoes etc. but what about people who use our roads to bicycles or even tricycles on no reason they should get off free either. I think you should contact your rep. and demand they introduce a bill to stop this flagrant abuse. Maybe a smaller fee for a canoe since the only use one paddle but a kayaker with the double paddle should pay more!!! We must stop this type of abuse!

I think someone needs to chill.
>>
Oh…………I forgot to mention.
>>
The speed limit is coming!!! Hip Hip Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy.
>>
Chill? Honestly I am more upset about my tax bill than a speed limit coming. It will really not have much if any effect on me, my boats barely break 50mph. Do I want one? Hell no. It is a useless, unwarranted law that has yet to be proven necessary, started by a group with what I believe to be hidden agendas hiding behind a pitch of fear and claims of safety issues on the lake.

Let it come, we shall be hearing a lot more from WINNFABS when nothing changes. What's next?

As far as registrations for non-powered vessels my intent was to touch in the fact that this new law will cost $$$, extra equipment, more manpower, etc to attempt to enforce. Looking at how MP is funded the people asking for this should also consider the costs involved to put it in place, and should have a plan to help fund it. Spreading it out a bit so that not only the power boaters are sucking up the cost would be good. If this is truly about safety then I would think that users of non-powered vessels who "will benefit" from this should help fund it.

Maybe those big, fast moving cars should slow down. There are speed limits ya know...

the lecherous energizer bunny