View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #106
CanisLupusArctos

Default Black Cat Is. Weather

GN (and others wondering,)

The data (temp, wind, etc.) all comes from my weather station, which is wired into my computer, and that sends the info to the internet using the software I bought from ambientweather.com.

The other stuff (sattelite pics, etc.) doesn't come from me. I'm actually still trying to figure out who's producing it (reading the user manual.) I just moused over some of the included links to see what the addresses of the links were (because I was as curious as you are, and I didn't put 'em there...) and it seems a lot of it comes from weather underground (www.wunderground.com.) Looking in the Ambient software's toolbar I see Wunderground has its own drop-down menu, so I'm assuming the suits at Wunderground and the suits at Ambient have shaken hands in a board room.

I'm still exploring this software myself, after lots of hair-pulling trying to get it to work yesterday it finally started working on its own while I was in the shower this morning... so lots for me to figure out -- in between sessions of playing in the snow and polishing my skis, of course.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote