View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 09:49 AM   #11
Biggd

Thanked 1,075 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Goer View Post
With that logic we should just close all movie theaters then. Now personally, I've never been to the Weirs Drive-in, it was on my list and now I regret not making it a bigger priority. I've also never been to the other two in NH, but I have been to the Mendon Twin Drive-in, in Mendon, MA a few times and I can tell you one thing, it was a fun experience. People treated it like a giant tailgate party, before it got dark out and before the movies started, families were making memories, paying games, laughing, kids giggling and screaming could be heard throughout as the place filled up. So yeah, you can watch a movie at home but there's little to compare when making lasting memories with something that is rare and unique like a drive-in.
Honestly, the only fond memories that I have of the drive in was sneaking in with my friends when I was old enough. I don't really remember much, about going with my parents.
Drive Ins were on the way out by the time I was in high school, and I just turned 70.
I don't know how they survive today. Even indoor movie theaters have had to reinvent themselves to stay alive.

Last edited by Biggd; 05-03-2024 at 10:40 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote