View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 09:42 AM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Overall this isn't that surprising. I formerly used Goodhue marine for service and storage. Unfortunately after they lost the contract at Harrilla Yacht club, things started down this road. And over the last 3 to 4 years, the focus has not been on the marine business but rather the Gun Shop.

Knowing people that worked as Marine Technicians there, it was not and ideal situation after the Harrilla Yacht club separation, as those that I knew left after repeatedly being layed off every year, because the content yacht club money was there for the off season, left for more stable situations. In fact my last year with Goodhue, the situation was much as it is now. Although they at least had the ability to charge the battery and start the boat before I picked it up.

I don't have any negative feelings toward, the owners and wish them well however you either want to be in the marine business or you do not. I think the time has finally arrived where the separation needs to occur, hopefully the gun shop will continue to live on, and someone can come in and take over the Marine operation and facility.