View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM   #45
steve-on-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It's been a big concern with Gilford residents who own boats. We pay taxes and we should be allowed to share the island residents' docks when they are not used. You are right, they are underutilized. The late John Goodhue was a big voice in preventing Gilford non-islanders' use of the docks. Now that he is gone maybe we should have a say.

It was the islanders who wanted the Northern end of the docks as drop-in or off only area. They should move that to one of the islanders' dock so that more people can have access to the Northern dock.
But on the other hand, Islanders have vehicles at Glendale and if they need to come to the mainland and the docks are full they're basically screwed. I can usually get into a spot with inches to spare on either side...a lot of folks aren't able to do that. If I go to a hospital parking lot and park in a " physician parking only" spot because it was empty and I couldn't find a spot in the regular lot...you get the point. The services Gilford provides for our tax dollars is the fireboat and the two islander only Glendale docks. How big is your list?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk