View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 08:51 AM   #19
Sunbeam lodge

Default Sunbeam Lodge Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt View Post
Hi,
The white house was the Hale home now owned by grandson Paul Eldridge of Meredith. The Veasey homestead was on the right just before the bar way leading to the white house. That is the homestead that was torn down for salvage in the early seventies by a Steve Ahlgren, builder, from the Sanbornton area. I do remember the rustic cabin. Natt
Hello former posters.
Well time has passed so i will bring info update. I bought the property at 110 Veasey shore from Del Prete in 1994. Wood and Clay built my home and i retired from Raytheon in 2000 after 39 years as a controller . I raised my 3 children and enjoyed the property until 2015 when after open heart surgery i had to sell the property as i could not keep it up. I also sold my Naples Fla Property and moved to Amelia Island fl to be close to my daughter. I am now 94 years Young and sorely miss the great years i lived there and brought up children. I still yearn to go back but The current residents do not seem interested in providing current info on the home. I would have liked to at least get an invitation to see the property if i was in NH. I sent them a lot of research on Beaver Island that i found that had a complete history. I do know the cottage on the lake has been changed completely from the quaint old place that was the greatest place in the world to Relax and sleep. I spent many nights there listening to the loon calls during the night. My heart aches just to relive those wonderful years and. I hope someone who would be interested in this post will respond.
Sunbeam lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunbeam lodge For This Useful Post: