View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 03:55 PM   #10
Winilyme

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

Codeman - you ask some good questions. Unfortunately, we don't have existing power to plug it into. But I'm planning on purchasing a 77" QD-OLED unit (strongly considering the Samsung S90C) which will mean it'll cover all but about 2 inches of the chimney stonework on each side of the TV. From there, I may go with some conduit (covered by some decorative molding) leading down to an outlet. Not ideal but there's no way I'm going to be able to position power in the stonework.

I plan to stream wirelessly from our mesh network and I'll be purchasing a soundbar (haven't researched these yet) which I know will require power as well. Maybe I'll skip the conduit and molding and simply wrap a single power cord around the chimney and connect it to a surface mounted plug outlet behind the TV.

I mainly want an articulating mount so that I can move the TV lower when using it. Lowering the TV 18 to 24 inches while also minimizing how far it protrudes from the chimney when it's returned to it's resting position would be ideal. So, I need to research mounts as well.

Nothing's easy.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote