View Single Post
Old 01-06-2024, 07:58 AM   #61
John Mercier

Doesn't happen just with rentals or Section 8.
I live on a road that had four properties with a fifth just across from one end.

The one right next to me had a contractor that purchased it.
First I would see him in M-F to make purchases... then it started to happen on Saturday - he was getting behind.

One night shots rang out. Seems the contractor had picked up a habit of going out drinking with the crew - wasn't paying attention to business and his wife was threatening to leave. During a round out with the crew, he got talked into the belief that she just need a ''stern'' show of his resolve. He hit her, she shot him. Home sat empty after the mortgage company foreclosed.

The one two doors down was rented. The renter was an independent trucker that started bringing home the truck. One Sunday afternoon... his kid tried to jump the snowbanks on each side of my driveway... hit the mailbox, destroyed the sled and hurt himself. F&G handled the situation. The renter decided to try to make me pay for what he saw as a slight of contacting F&G. Kept setting off the air horns as he came by. The neighbor across the street had enough and contacted the local PD. They met him on his way home. He brought the truck home because he had lost his license for a DWI and was sneaking out in the early morning hoping not to get caught. He came home to the PD that night inebriated.

Neither of these two started out bad people, they just got themselves hooked into a lifestyle that had bad results, and failed to change course.

And over my entire life... I have noticed that Laconia - and by that I mean the people that reside and vote there along with outside influencers - tends to promote bad lifestyle choices.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: