View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 11:25 PM   #25
Descant

Thanked 1,541 Times in 999 Posts

From John Mercier:
"So the budget process has to start with constitutionally required costs... and raise funding for at least those...
That means at a bear (sic) minimum the Legislature must find $500M in revenue in other sources, I get lot of landowners to say ''I love being a donor community''.

Your basic language is wrong. The Legislature does not need to raise $500MM, they only need to allocate $500MM, if, in fact, that is the real number. ("M" is for thousand. If you want million, use "MM".) The budget year is after the even year election, i.e. 2025. 2024 is not a budget year. In most election years, about one third of the legislature turns over. Whatever spending bills are proposed for 2024 action, will be voted to be held over (and then re-filed) for a budget year.

Again, I apologize to the OP for following posts that go off course. Back to best town.

I pretty much grew up in Gilford and Laconia although technically not a full time resident(college, Navy). I always felt that if I were in Meredith or Alton, I had to go to Laconia/Gilford for services, or, in the case of Meredith, I had to find alternate routes in the summer. I still like Gilford.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: