View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 08:04 PM   #98
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
I'm very fortunate that through good decisions by previous generations I am in a position to help the next generation. My thought is that by putting the property in an irrevocable trust, perhaps with a dissolution clause that can be enacted at some point in the future, with funding to cover the carrying costs, or at least a good portion of them, the property does not become a burden on the next generation and instead can be enjoyed by all.

I'm not smart enough to do this myself so am working with a lawyer who specializes in this type of thing. I figure it makes sense to do so now when everyone gets along!
As you can see in the Meredith assessment averages, Island properties may have already reached their peak. The average growth in that category was lower than the average for the town.

It doesn't mean that taxes will not increase, but other then the outcome of the court hearings, the actual taxation should begin to moderate in years going forward.

Laconia's CPI-Urban tax cap helps limit exceptional budget growth even in the other towns within the county. CPI-Urban was unusually high; we hadn't seen that since the late 70s early 80s.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote