View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 10:11 PM   #30
8gv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I have Hyper heat and this is in my home in Ma.
Yesterday was the coldest day so far 37 during the day and 24 last night. I had to turn the two heads on my main level up real high to get a comfortable temperature of 67 degrees throughout the house, is that normal?
I have an 18K head at one end of the main floor and a 12K at the other with my thermostat right in the middle, The 18K unit I turned up to 76 and the 12K unit I turned up to 72. This main level is 1400 sq ft.
I'm thinking I should have put another head in the middle of the house but that would have required a bigger unit with 6 head capacity.
I installed a 48K unit with 5 heads for a 2000 sq ft home. The house is a 26x52 Cape, two bedrooms on the top floor have 6K heads each and one 6K head in the basement. It's not super insulated but it is well insulated as I had an energy assessment performed.
I have my oil heat set a 60 so it's hasn't got that low in the house.

When I was arranging the purchase and installation of my Mitsubishi mini split system the sales person asked me how much heat I wanted. The units were going into a seasonal cottage so I chose not to get extra heating capability.

When you reference "Hyper heat", is that provided by a resistance type heating coil in each evaporator unit?

If so, it may be cheaper to burn oil when it's really cold.

Not having any experience with that capability I stand ready to be educated.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote