Thread: Mice invasion
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2023, 03:53 PM   #4
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
it's difficult to find the small openings they can get in. Most pest companies handle once they get in. I use colonial pest and last year they spent the time to find the crevices and sealed them off so my winter population ( i see in the spring) was dramatically reduced.
This, if they can't get in they won't. The first winter at this house on the lake I trapped about 20 mice. It was gross, although I didn't see them in the living areas, I'm sure they were around. I went around with a can of spray foam and plugged all the holes I could find. I'd still get one here and one there, drove me nuts because I don't tolerate them in the house. Finally I realized there may be an issue with sink in our garage. The pipes were in the wall, but came out into the the step, in the garage to the house. I removed the top and sure enough, 3 pipes, the hot, cold and waste, each had their own hole that each had at least an inch of space around them into the basement. I bought another can of foam, sealed them up and now live mice free. You need to find those holes.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote