View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 11:54 AM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
It may be challenge to find some one to build that. Not much profit in a tiny camp like that and builders are scheduled pretty far out.
With the behavior I have seen out of contractors working in my area of the lake, the problem is work ethic related.... As they built the house right next door, they would come in and start working at 8, and then leave at lunch time and never come back.... Takes for ever to get a house framed when you work 3 or 4 hours at a time. One can argue that it is because they had other job sites to go work at, but then to me that is poor management....

With that said, there is plenty of profit in a tiny camp, just as much as there would be in a big estate... But to get that profit, you have to go and get the job done... Not drag your feet..... I have worked with a few contractors getting things done around my camp... none of them where big time companies, they where word of mouth recommendations... In all cases we schedule appropriately, made sure all material was on site, so that they could come and get the work done.... In all cases the profits where good, because they didn't have to start and stop because of supply issues.....