View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 08:08 AM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

This is not at all surprising. As attractive is the job sounds being on the water all day. Dealing with the boating public isn't a cake walk. As the next new generation of boaters has happened onto the scene you see a lot of arrogant and self entitled attitudes.... the Marine Patrol officers have to deal with that.... I do not envy them.

This past spring I was in a position to help the Marine Patrol understand if there was anything wrong when I discovered a boat loose on some rocks, and then a short distance away the gas tank and battery for that boat on a beach... It was a neat experience, as we collaborated, we got each other to the point where we felt comfortable that no one was in the immediate area hurt and in distress...

The officers in the Marine Patrol division, have a love and respect for the water and it shows... But they also have to put up with a lot of non-sense..... Hopefully they will have some luck with recruitment through the winter.......