View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 03:04 PM   #19
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
You are correct John in respect to cost. That is why UPS/FedEx turned to USPS for “last mile” delivery. USPS gave them a discount on shipping costs. Also why USPS is having trouble coming up with $ to pay their staff. You can’t drop prices to gain share if your lower price squeezes you financially.

With regard to Amazon’s share, you need to remember that in late 2021 they made a decision to internalize their deliveries. Their package delivery share is more a function of their huge online sales & market share than it is their package delivery capabilities. Their delivery business is a single source operation where UPS/FedEx have thousands of individual customers. (As an aside, I recently found out that a number of FedEx delivery drivers are independent contractors not employees. That surprised me.)

In any event, I still can’t figure out how 3 trucks passing by my house and 2 others making a delivery to me in a single day is acost effective, efficient, delivery system.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Hasn't the USPS also been weighted down by Congress insisting that they fund pension liabilities far in advance, thus sucking $ out of the system?
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote