Thread: Naswa
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:51 AM   #6
dippasan

Default Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Went to the Naswa beach bar this afternoon, was going to have a glass of wine and some water. I sat at a table, the place was pretty empty. At least 7 or 8 waitstaff there, most hanging at the end of the bar.

I waited at least 15 minutes, felt longer. No service, not even an acknowledgement. Thought about chasing someone down, but I dislike working to spend my money. It's too bad, there was a young lady playing piano and singing, I would have enjoyed listening with my glass of wine.

Not sure what the problem was, I'll probably give it another go sometime, but there are lots of places to go around here now if it happens again.
We go a couple of times each summer for that "beach bar" vibe. We definitely do not go for the food. It's fun watching all the boat and people activity. Last time we were there was a couple of weeks ago. We felt lucky to get the server we did. She was attentive and happy with a great attitude .
Not getting acknowledged is a big pet peeve of mine in any bar. I travel alone on business often so I eat at a lot of bars. I'm much more apt to happily wait as long as someone says "I'll be right with you" and knows i'm there.
Another thing I've noticed is that I'm almost excited to get average service. Average service has become the new excellent. Excellent service is a rarity.