Thread: Naswa
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:23 AM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Walked right into Lago's last night with my wife, about 6:30 and got a table outside right away, awesome night. That's the first time in about 3 years that I've been able to do that! It has definitely slowed down. I'm not sure if it's the weather or the economy but I like it!
I think the economy is the big factor but the weather hasn't been helping much. People I think are overall a little bit more particular when it come to spending a day at the lake when the economy is down. It is not that they don't want to do it. Its that when they do it they want to make sure they have a good time. When the economy is doing better, it a bit easier to roll the dice on the whether and spend money on what not be the best of days.

I also thing that the business in the region, my be going through a period where they need to re-examine how to bring customers back. When everyone is in a spending mode and the economy is good, it doesn't mater how much advertising is done, or how good prices are or aren't places are packed... Things have slowed, hotels aren't full every weekend, there aren't long lines at every restaurant. So Restaurants now need to start luring customers.....

With all that said, there is another problem facing Restaurants and bars... workers attitudes..... the quality of waitress staff has gone down. I think partially because there is no concerns of getting fired, with a warm body ready to fill you spot, like we have seen in years past. Many times I have been in restaurants over the last couple of years, and seen the image discribed by the OP......now I have never been ignored as long as the OP.... but I have seen it.....