Thread: Labor Rates
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2023, 09:38 PM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,636 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Out of curiosity ..... what's the year and mileage on your Chevy Avalanche?

Sometime, last October, 2022, I had a front right wheel bearing on a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek with about 140-k miles replaced at Mike's Car Care in Laconia because it was a very noisy bearing and was told it needed replacing for about $550-total. Mike's did a very good job.

Then, in March 2023, had the other front wheel bearing, also very noisy grinding noise, replaced at Latchkey Auto in Meredith for about $450-total. Latchkey did a very good job.

Two years ago, September 2021, it cost $525 to get a trailer hitch and trailer electric wire hook-up installed at New World Auto in Plymouth. New World did a very good job.

You know where is a good place to get a car repair problem diagnosed, fast, when you are not sure what's exactly wrong is Forrest Howe's Car Repair in Campton. While there can be a three week wait to actually get the repair work done, Forrest Howe's will look at the car, diagnose the problem, do a test ride, and charge you about $25/15-minutes diagnosis time to give you a written estimate and you know what needs to get fixed, and can then take it somewhere else who can fix it at an earlier time.

In May 2023 I traded the 2014 Crosstrek in for a 2017 Crosstrek with just 80k miles cause it was looking like it would always be needing repairs, so that seems like it was a smart move ....... duh! .....

You is beating a dead horse when it comes to car repairs ...... is best to just get it fixed and /or get rid of it, or something! Is a lose-lose-lose situation.
It's a 2013 with 150 K miles......I love it and don't want to trade
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote