View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 12:16 PM   #20
Weekend Pundit

Post I Haven't Seen A Decrease But...

The few AirBnB's/VRBO's I am familiar with here in Gilford are booked through the summer. I do know a few of them have dropped their prices because they were asking too much for what they offered. I expected to see the 'trends' like pricing overshoot at the beginning, then seeing it settle down to something more reasonable. If they don't their bookings will drop.

I haven't been seeing new STRs popping up like they did last year though I know there are a couple of new ones that will be opening once they get their applications through the Planning Board.

As an aside, present commercial STR owner/operators in town have started submitting their applications to the PB. Gilford is allowing existing O/O's to keep operating their STRs without the required permit as long as they get their applications submitted. The PB will process those applications on a first come/first served basis. Applications for new STRs are being processed first because under the new ordinance they cannot start renting until their application is approved by the PB.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote