View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 06:51 AM   #35
The Real BigGuy

A couple of things:

The term “affordable housing” means different things to different segments. To some it means housing that a working person can afford to live in without starving. To others (i.e., developers) it means pricing housing at something less than market so they can get municipalities to permit development by adding to the affordable housing stock. Where I live a developer built townhouses that sold for 750,000 with 30% set aside as “affordable” and priced at 480,000. My question is - affordable to whom?

When my son-in-law played independent league baseball the team struck a deal with a local boarding school to use the dorms for the players. I wonder if local C o Cs have thought about talking to schools like Brewster to rent dorms for summer seasonal help?

I’m always surprised how people talk about needing to pay higher wages to make sure their local shop & restaurants are fully staffed but then complain about higher prices & inflation. Where do they think the revenue to increase pay is supposed to come from? It doesn’t fall from the sky and I certainly don’t expect business owners to cut their profits. People, it is a cycle that can’t be broken - increased pay leads to higher prices that lead to demand for increased pay that leads to higher prices and on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote