View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #11
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiej View Post
TIf you want a liveable wage job, improve your life….go to school and better your education….get skilled training…but to expect to be able to pay rent, utilities, buy food, etc. etc. by flipping burgers is not attainable.
so, I'll bite a little.
So my wife has a Masters degree and teaches and still gets paid less than a friend that does work at a fast food restaurant and no education.
I have a doctorate and have a couple friends that have lower education or no college education and get paid more.
So not sure where the "go to school and better your education" can help in some cases. Also, this is not me, but how do you suggest them paying for a better education if they can't get hours to pay the bills? My sister-in-law did go to college to "better herself" and now has tons of debt from college that she can't afford to pay off with the job that she did go to college for.
Its a viscous circle. I will not comment on that article because there is a lot left out of the situation. But I agree something has to change and not sure how or what needs to. I don't have the answers. My statement was merely just another way to look at things. Honestly your damned if you do and damned if you don't.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote