View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #20
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_guy64 View Post
A 20 minute review of the shores of Meredith using google maps and a lot of assumptions. (I assumed big open docks will have a boat in them, I counted boats on land at the Marinas, and assumed boat houses had one boat in them. I also excluded PWCs) So.....my old eyes say.....There are at least 1412 boats in the town of Meredith. Worth at least $42.36M if you assume $30k/boat. Okay....I'll go back to work now.
LOL -- well seems we have one solid vote, but it is only Meredith Bay, leaving a whole lot of Lake yet to be counted (or guessed at).

As far as the Dollars -- STOP trying to get a depreciated value - it's just a fun exercise.

For me, given the number of high end cruisers ($250k-350k) combined with the more popular runabouts ($70k-$125k) add in the smaller one, including those little dinghy's with a 10 hp ($150.00 - $25k) and just for spice, don't leave out those MEGA boats like the Galeon & 50' Regal recently posted ($600k-$900k)...……. I'd guess it's safe to use a $60k - arguably as high as $100k figure as the average.

( this is because I feel there are a whole lot of 28'-35' cruisers tilting the number scale)…………. just my view -- but then again, there aren't a whole lot of those up through Moultonboro - So I can be swayed easily

Also - keep in mind the MVYC alone has 258 boats resident (not including their valet).